社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : 笔记:空中英语教室(2006年3月)[续完]
级别: 管理员
显示用户信息 
10  发表于: 2006-03-14   
2006年3月8日
March 8

【Text】

Andrea: My dad taught me. He used to say, "Don't count on a man to keep your car running." During my high school years, I was more interested in working on cars than just about anything.

Christina: Wow, this is great, Andrea! I am so glad we met you!

Andrea: And I'm glad I can be of help. I hope I can, anyway. I'll take a look at the van tomorrow, OK? If I can fix it, I will.

Angus: That would be great, Andrea. It's parked behind the building where we usually practice.

Rex: At least, it was there the last time we checked. I hope it hasn't been towed away.

Christina: If it has been towed, maybe we should just leave it wherever it's been taken to.

(After the rally, in a coffee shop.)

Steve: That was a great concert, Sunshine Singers.

Christina: Thank you, Steve. You told us all along it would be.

Rex: What did you think of the vocals?

Steve: The vocals were wonderful, including yours, Rex. All of you did really well. After a rally like that, I expect you'll get invitations from other schools.

Christina: I sure hope you're right, Steve. At least, now we know we can traval to other schools!

Angus: Yes, thanks to Andrea.

Andrea: You don't need to thank me. Working on the van was fun!

Angus: I would like to propose a toast to Steve and Andrea, our foreign friends.

Everyone: To Steve and Andrea!

【Word Bank】

count on someone or something (v.)
依靠某人或某事
You're a good worker. We can always count on you to do the job well.

tow (v.)
拖;拉
You can't park your car there. Someone will tow it away.

all along (adv.)
始终
Jack knew all along that he would marry Jill one day.

toast (n.)
敬一杯;敬酒
Everyone drank a toast to the newly married couple.

【More Information】

vocals (n. pl)
声乐部分;声乐演唱
This song has great vocals. Listen to the clear, strong voices!

【译文】

白雪:我爸爸教过我。他以前常说,「别只靠男人来保养你的车。」我读高中时,对车子比对任何东西都有兴趣呢。

佳倩:哇,白雪,这真是太棒了!「真」高兴我们认识了你!

白雪:我也很高兴我帮得上忙,也希望我真的可以啦。我明天来检查一下车子,如何?如果我可以修,我就来修。

文凯:白雪,这真是太好了。车子停在我们平常练习的那栋建筑物后头。

国威:至少我们上次查看时是停在那里的。我希望它还没被拖走。

佳倩:如果它被拖走的话,我们或许应该把它留在它被拖去的地方。

(集会结束后,在一间咖啡屋里。)

海涛:Sunshine Singers,演唱会真的太精彩了。

佳倩:谢谢你,海涛。你始终这样鼓励我们。

国威:你觉得声乐的部分如何?

海涛:声乐的部分很棒,包括你的部分,国威。你们大家都动听极了。在那么棒的集会之后,我想你们会开始收到其他学校的邀请哦。

佳倩:我希望你猜的没错,海涛。至少我们现在知道,我们可以开去别的学校了!

文凯:是啊,都是白雪的功劳。

白雪:不需要谢我,修理那辆车子还真有趣!

文凯:我们向我们的老外朋友海涛和白雪敬一杯!

大伙儿:敬海涛和白雪!
水中的影,镜中的天
级别: 新手上路
显示用户信息 
11  发表于: 2006-03-14   
我们支持你
显示用户信息 
12  发表于: 2006-03-14   
引用
下面是引用 xiaobao916 于 2006-03-13 11:53 发表的:
我们支持你

谢谢,我会继续努力:)
水中的影,镜中的天
显示用户信息 
13  发表于: 2006-03-15   
2006年3月9日
【Text】

Why People Love L.A.

Discover the best of Los Angeles, the "City of Angels".

March 9

Welcome to Los Angeles, the second largest city in America! L.A. is home to the famous American movie and TV industry. Here you'll also discover one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. Mary of the people come from Latin America, Asia and other parts of the world.

L.A. contains lots of natural beauty, too. The Pacific coast lies to the west and south. Mountains and deserts border the north and east. Because of the city's location, temperatures are almost always pleasant. The sun always seems to shine in L.A.!

In L.A., the car is king. L.A. has more traffic than anywhere else in the U.S. In fact, owning a car is nearly a necessity in L.A. Because of the city's large urban sprawl. Mary first-time visitors are amazed by the city's size. With no large downtown area, L.A. is more a collection of suburbs connected together.

One of these is anaheim. In Anaheim, you can experience the magic of Disneyland. Visit the park's eight fantastic "lands" in a area called "the happiest place on Earth".

【Word Bank】

diverse (adj.)
多元的;互异的
This university has a diverse group of students coming from manry different countries.

border (v.)
与…邻近;与…接壤
Tall trees border the front of our house, blocking our view of the street.

Sprawl (n.)
(市区的)扩展
The sprawl of this city is growing very quickly. Many new buildings are being built.

suburb (n.)
(城市周围的)近郊住宅区
The downtown area was too noisy for Bob, so he decided to move to a quiet suburb.

【译文】

爱上洛杉矶的理由

发现「天使之城」洛杉矶的极致

March 9

欢迎来到洛杉矶,美国第二大城!洛杉矶是著名的美国电影及电视业所在地。你也可以发现这里是世界上最多元的文化都市之一。许多人来自拉丁美洲、亚洲及世界其他地区。

洛杉矶也有许多天然美景。太平洋海岸坐落在西边和南边,山脉及沙漠则盘据在北边和东边。由于位置适宜,气温几乎总是舒适宜人。阳光似乎永远眷顾着洛杉矶!

汽车在洛杉矶是主宰,那儿的交通比美国任何地方都繁忙。事实上,由于都市的大幅扩展,在洛杉矶几乎一定要有一辆汽车。许多首次造访者都对该市幅员的广阔感到惊讶。洛杉矶没有广大的市中心商业区,反而比较像是数个互邻近郊地区的集合。

其中一个是安那罕市,你可以在那儿体验迪士尼乐园的魅力。到一个有「地球上最欢乐之地」之称的园区去探访游乐场内八个绝妙的「乐园」。
水中的影,镜中的天
显示用户信息 
14  发表于: 2006-03-16   
2006年3月10日
March 10

【Text】

City of the stars

Want to see where manry of the city's movie stars live? Then head to Beverly Hills, just west of Hollywood. "Star home maps" and tours are offered to those captivated by movie-star fame. Here you can drive past the stars' beautiful and luxurious homes. Then take a look at Hollywood's famous Rodeo Drive with its fancy shops.

Downtown Hollywood itself isn't quite so glamorous these days. But you can get a good sense of movie history at Grauman's Chinese Theater. Here movie stars have put their hand and foot prints into the sidewalk.

Along Hollywood Boulevard, you'll find the famous bronze stars bearing the names of Hollywood actors. Take a picture with your favorite actor's star!

After that, head to Universal Studios Hollywood in Universal City. The park's thrill rides feature movie special effects that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Next door is the universal CityWalk. It has an array of shops, specialty restaurants and live music. For a fun way to end your day, cruise down Sunset Boulevard. L.A.'s exciting nightlife centers on this famous street.

【Word Bank】

luxurious (adj.)
豪华的
This five-star hotel is very expensive and luxurious.

glamorous (adj.)
迷人的
Julie's job is very glamorous. She travels a lot and meets famous people.

on the edge of one's seet (idiom)
迫不及待的
The movie was very exciting. The audience was on the edge of their seats.

cruise (v.)
漫游
Vance spent the afternoon cruising along the coastal road on his motorcycle.

【More Information】

boulevard (n.)
林荫大道;大马路
There are many cars parked along this wide boulevard.

【译文】

明星之都

想要参观洛杉矶许多电影明星的住宅吗?那就前往位于好莱坞西边的比佛利山庄吧。为电影明星盛名所吸引而来的人可以看到「追星地图」及一些参观行程。你可以开车经过明星们美丽又豪华的住宅,然后参观好莱坞著名的罗迪欧大道及设立于大道旁的时髦商店。

现在好莱坞市中心本身倒是没有那么吸引人了。但你可以在格劳曼中国戏院对电影沿革有深入的了解。明星们在这儿将他们的手、脚印在人行道上。

沿着好莱坞大道,你会看到著名的刻有好莱坞演员名称的铜制星星。跟你喜欢的明星之星拍张照片!

然后,前往环球市的好莱坞环球影城。游乐场中以电影特效为主的惊悚之旅会让人迫不及待。隔壁就是环球影城商店街,有许多商店、具特色的餐厅以及现场音乐。要兴致盎然的为一天画上句点,则可至日落大道上漫游。好莱坞令人兴奋的夜生活集中在这条有名的街道上。
水中的影,镜中的天
显示用户信息 
15  发表于: 2006-03-17   
2006年3月11日
March 11

【Text】

From the coast to the mountains

No trip to L.A. would be complete without a visit to the Getty Center. Here you can enjoy the building's wonderful architecture and stellar art collection.

Afterward, check out Santa Monica and its Third Street pedestrian mall and famous pier. Then drive up to Malibu along the scenic Pacific Coast Highway. There you can see people practicing a famous california tradition -- surfing. Or for an interesting people-watching experience, head down to the Ocean Front Walk at Venice Beach. You'll see street performers and people of all kind.

Across town, near the mountains, the suburb of Pasadena offers another great hangout. Nice restaurants, shops and coffeehouses line Colorado Boulevard. Sample varieties of ethnic food or listen to live jazz music. On the street, notice all the skin colors and nationalities. Get a plimpse of L.A.'s remarkable gathering of people from all over the world.

No matter what culture, cuisine or entertainment you like, you can probably find it somewhere in L.A. So come and experience "the City of Angels" for yourself.

【Word Bank】

stellar (adj.)
杰出的
The musicians gave stellar performance that impressed everyone.

pier (n.)
码头
You will find Jim's boat tied up at the end of Pier 19.

hangout (n.)
流连之处
On weekends, our favorite hangout is the Thai restaurant on Main Street.

nationality (n.)
国籍
I'm British. What is your nationality?

【More Information】

surfing (n.)
冲浪
If you like swimming then you should try the sport of surfing.

【译文】

从海边到山巅

洛杉矶之旅如果不包括参观蓋帝中心就不算完整。你可以在这儿欣赏这栋大楼精彩的建筑风格和杰出的艺术蒐藏。

之后去看看圣塔摩尼卡及其第三街的徒走购物中心,还有著名的码头。然后沿着风景秀丽的太平洋海岸公园开车往上走。你可以在马里布看到人们在练习著名的加州传统——冲浪。或者,若你想看看有趣的人,就往下走到威尼斯海滩的海边步行路。你会看到街头表演艺人以及各式各样的人。

穿过市区,靠近山边,帕萨迪纳市近郊是另一个极佳的歇脚处。科罗拉多大道上林立着极棒的餐厅、商店及咖啡屋。品尝各式各样的异国食物或是聆听现场爵士音乐。注意看街上的各种肤色及国籍,一瞥洛杉矶惊人的世界各国人种大汇集。

不管你喜欢的是哪种文化、佳肴或是娱乐,大概都可以在洛杉矶的某处寻找到。所以请来亲身体验「天使之城」吧!
水中的影,镜中的天
显示用户信息 
16  发表于: 2006-03-18   
2006年3月月13日
A Taste of Mexico

【Text】

Mexican food is the perfect choice for the fun-loving diner.

march 13

Few foods are more fective than Mexican cuisine. The bright colors -- including reds, greens, yellows -- are a fiesta for the eyes. The food's varied textures are a delight for the mouth. and the many finger foods make it possible to eat a whole meal without ever picking up a fork.

What more could you ask for?

I recently made my way to a local restaurant in search of some festive Mexican fare. Right away, the restaurant's colorful Mexian decor made me smile. I knew I had come to the right place.

I started my mouthwatering Mexican meal with a popular appetizer -- quesadilla. This dish is made with a fried tortilla -- or flatbread folded over a cheese center. I ate my quesadilla with my hands. And before I know it, that tasky finger food had me in a happy mood.

Next, I wrapped my fingers around another delicious appetizer -- chicken flautitas. These small, flute-shaped snacks are filled with shredded chicken and fried untile golden brown. The moist chicken center and crunchy tortilla shell made my taske buds dance.

【Word Bank】

fare (n.)
食物
This restaurant serves hamburgers and other American fare.

decor (n.)
室内装潢
The hotel's Italian decor made me feel like I was in Italy.

moist (adj.)
(食物等)适度地含有水分的
These cookies are very moist and delicious. They are not dry.

crunchy (adj.)
松脆的
I left the bag of potato chips open, so they're not very crunchy anymore.

【More Information】

fiesta (n.)
庆典;宗教节日
This fiesta was celebrated with lively music and dancing.

shred (v.)
切丝
First cook the chicken, then shred the meat into small pieces.

【译文】

口味墨西哥

墨西哥食物是爱好趣味者的完美选择

March 13

没有几种食物比墨西哥菜肴更具胡欢乐气息了。红色、绿色及黄色等鲜艳色彩是眼睛的庆典,多样化的嚼劲则更是口腔的欢愉。许多用手指拿取的食物可能让你享用整餐饭时都不须动到餐叉。

你夫复何求呢?

我最近前往一家本地餐厅探索一些具有欢乐气息的墨西哥饮食。餐厅色彩鲜艳的墨西哥装潢立刻让我展开笑颜,我知道我来对地方了。

令人垂涎三尺的墨西哥餐由一道普受欢迎的点心quesadilla墨式披萨展开序幕。这盘菜是玉米粉薄烙饼,也就是扁平面包中间放上乳酪折叠起来油煎而成。我动手将它吃完。刹那间,这道用手指拿取的可口食物让我心情欢愉。

然后,我用手指卷起另一道美味的开胃小菜——鸡肉flautitas饼卷。这道煎成金黄色的笛形小点心填满了切细的鸡肉,略含汁液的鸡肉馅配上松脆的玉米粉薄烙饼外壳,使我的味蕾舞动起来。
水中的影,镜中的天
显示用户信息 
17  发表于: 2006-03-19   
2006年3月14日
March 14

【Text】

Tortilla chips also make a great Mexican meal-starter. Whole tortillas are cut into triangle-shaped pieces and deep-fried to make these tasty chips. They can be dipped in either a spicy salsa (a tomato-based dip) or a cool guacamole (made from avocados). I tried each dip, and both were simply delectable.

But by then, I was ready for something a little more filling. So I ordered two main dishes: a chicken chimichanga and a beef enchilada. The chimichanga-shredded chicken rolled up in a crispy deep-fried tortilla-had a nice, mild flavor.

The enchilada, on the other hand, was a Mexican bandito that set my taste buds on fire. Covered with a spicy tomato sauce and topped with cheese, this enchilada completely satisfied.

After devouring my enchilada, it was time to cool down. So I ordered a scoop of fried ice cream. As I took a bite of this scrumptious frozen treat, I pondered a very important question: Just how do they deep-fry ice cream without melting it? It made for a fun ending to my very festive meal.

【Word Bank】

deletable (adj.)
美味可口的
This bakery makes delicious cheesecakes and many other.

filling (adj.)
有饱足感的
My dinner was very filling. I couldn't eat another bite.

ponder (v.)
仔细思考
Jim pondered his future. He didn't know if he should continue studying or start working.

make for something (v.)
有助于某事
A delicious dinner and good friends make for an enjoyable evening.

【More Information】
avocado (n.)
酪梨
This dish is made from a green fruit called avocado.

bandito (n.)
强盗
The Mexican bandito robbed the townspeople.

【译文】

玉米薄片也是很棒的墨西哥开胃菜。这些美味的玉米薄片是由被切成三角形碎片的薄烙饼油炸而成,可以将它们沾上Sala辣酱(一种用蕃茄作成的沾酱)或是guacamole酱(酪梨制成)。我都试过了,两种都极为美味。

而到那时,我已准备好品尝一点比较有饱足感的食物。所以我点了两样主食:一份鸡肉chimichanga饼卷,一份牛肉enchilada饼卷。chimichanga饼卷由丝状鸡肉,卷在酥脆的油炸玉米粉薄烙饼中,有着非常清淡美味的风味。

而enchilada饼卷则像是墨西哥土匪,放火烧起我的味蕾。饼卷上面覆盖着辛辣的蕃茄酱再放上起司,让人满意极了。

狼吞虎咽地吃完我的enchilada饼卷,是该要冷静下来的时候了。于是我点了一勺油炸冰淇淋。我吞下一口这种滋味绝妙的冷冻极品时,仔细想了一个很重要的问题:他们怎样油炸冰淇淋而不让它融化呢?这顿非常具有欢乐气息的一餐就这样画下有趣的句点。
水中的影,镜中的天
显示用户信息 
18  发表于: 2006-03-20   
2006年3月15日
March 15

【Text】

The Boyfriend Invasion

Kate likes her roommate. But she doesn't like her roommate's boyfriend spending all his free time in their room.

March 15

Kate and Annie became good friends during their freshman year of university. they got along so well that they decided to become roommates their sophomore year.

Kate and Annie enyoued being roommates ... until Annie started dating Brandon. Suddenly, Brandon was spending all his free time hanging out with the girls in their dorm room. Kate likes Brandon and doesn't mind having him around ... occasionally. But Brandon is there every evening and much of the weekends. Kate misses her privacy. More importantly, she's not comportable having a boy in her room so much of the time.

If you were Kate, what would you do?

Decision 1

(Kate talks to her friend and R.A., Meg.)

Kate: Brandon's a nice guy. But I'm getting tired of having him around all the time.

Meg: I can understand that. But what can you do?

Kate: I want to talk to Annie about it. But I'm worried she might not understand how I feel.

Meg: I know what you mean. She might get really defensive.

Kate: Right. She and I get along well. I don't want to cause any problems.

Meg: So you'll just put up with having a boy in your room all the time?

Kate: I guess so. I can find other places to study and relax.

【Word Bank】

invasion (n.)
入侵;涌入
London gets a big invasion of tourists every summer.

privacy (n.)
隐私(权)
Anita wanted some privacy, so she went into her bedroom.

defensive (adj.)
自我防卫的
Megan gets defensive whenever anyone mentions her bad grades.

put up with something (idiom)
容忍某事
For many years, Mark put up with a noisy neighbor.

【More Information】

R.A. [resident assistant] (n.)
舍监
As an R.A., Hugh is responsible for the 20 students living in this building.

【译文】

男友入侵

凯特喜欢她的室友,但不喜欢室友的男朋友一闲下来就待在她们的房间里。

March 15

凯特和安妮在大学一年级时就是好朋友了。由于相处极为融洽,她们决定在二年级时成为室友。

凯特和安妮喜欢当室友……一直到安妮开始和布莱登约会。突然间,布莱登一闲下来就待在这两个女孩的宿舍里。凯特喜欢布莱登,也不介意他偶尔在身边,但他却每天晚上和周末大部分的时间都在这儿。凯特觉得失去了隐私,还有最重要的,一个男生待在她的房间里这么多时间,她觉得很不自在。

如果你是凯特,你会怎么处理?

决定一

(凯特跟担任舍监的朋友梅格谈)

凯特:布莱登是个好人,但我厌烦了他什么时候都在旁边。

梅格:我可以了解,但你能怎么做?

凯特:我想跟安妮谈这件事,不过我担心她可能不了解我的感受。

梅格:我懂你的意思。她可能会很有防卫心。

凯特:对,她和我相处融洽,我不喜欢找麻烦。

梅格:所以你就只能容忍有个男孩一直在房间了?

凯特:我想是这样。我可以到其他地方去念书和放松。
水中的影,镜中的天
级别: 新手上路