社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : 英语之夜---在线电台广播开
级别: 圣骑士
显示用户信息 
0  发表于: 2005-02-20   

英语之夜---在线电台广播开

英语之夜---在线电台广播开

:)欢迎你做客英语之夜。

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24小时英文音乐 http://media.netroasia.com/power98/power98.asx

BBC-英国人的故事-- story1--story2--story3 --story4--stor5

注:英国人的故事-需要用realone播放

视频转播----------BBC

--------------------------------------------------------------    
  英文 娱乐+ 音乐秀:   mms://media.tube.co.kr/musicvideo/1k1020000388_104.asf

http://bbs.wwenglish.org/UploadFile/2004-4/200445223859235.swf/flash]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

本次专题栏目将有
(一)语音交流组-----------------这是练好口语的最基本的手段。
        键连
(二)语法讨论组-----------------正确使用一种语言的前提条件。
        键连
(三)听写复述组-----------------不知不觉中提高听、说、写的能力。
        键连
(四)快速阅读组-----------------是用来课外阅读和扩大词汇量的。
        键连
(五)翻译基础组-----------------锻炼如何处理好母语和英语的关系。
      键连

联系方式:论坛短信

消息: 因语音组成员过多,群里交流不便,现采用在线电台广播的方式向大家广播。内容有:英文歌曲,
        赖世雄系列,
        美国俗语、成语,
        迪斯尼英语儿歌,
        经典教程,轻松说英语,
        走遍美国,voa,等。    

旺旺--春之声英语电台改版中。如果有连接或其他问题,可以论坛短信或QQ157800942联系我。[/COLOR]=======================================================================================================
,希望能与你一起学习,提高。[/COLOR]请到选择英语主攻方向http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardid=1&id=88613&star=1#88613,现在作为明确学习目标用,而不是报名。

祝大家五一愉快.

相关主题。地址是:
      http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardID=1&ID=84538

1.老赖英语专题键连http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardID=1&ID=81976
    2.如何利用电脑网络学习英语[注意]--练习口语的6种技巧       http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardid=1&id=82411&star=2#842725
    3. [下载]ftp超强英语资料库 http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardID=1&ID=82497
    4. 中国人使用“英语常见错误分析”http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardID=1&ID=81880
    5. 新english--flash强烈互动
    http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardid=84&id=85516&star=1#85516[wwen]
    6.校园交际篇 (含很多校园常用语)
    http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardID=1&ID=85488
    7.[贴图]+[mp3]+[文本]赖世雄教你轻松说英语
    http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardID=1&ID=85307
      8.小电影专集(English)
      http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardID=9&ID=85306
    9.Romance 词语故事----每天一词 长长见识,
      http://bbs.wwenglish.org/dispbbs.asp?boardID=1&ID=86268

------------------------------------------------------
英语之夜-fly with you
"every day is a new day"
清空我的评分动态本帖最近评分记录: 共1条评分记录
编号89757 威望 +1 2005-02-20 -
隐藏评分记录
显示用户信息 
1  发表于: 2005-02-20   
improve your reading

像lydiahui那样坚持长期听写,主要在锻炼听,但长期坚持的话,所得到的就不只是听力的提高,还有比它更重要的东西.我很欣赏lydiahui的毅力.这次我将邀请她做为我们学习组的佳宾.

阅读:
==========================================================
The Text    

It is well-known that Haste Makes Waste. Success can be attributed to haste, however, it is by no means a major factor. The crucial factor lies in the way now do you capitalize on your time effeciently? Haste can scarely result in the good end. On the contrary, it will bring failure.
In modern society, there are many typical example for haste makes waste . As a college student we have undergoed many failure in studing because of haste.
In other country, such as some African country, because they want to get rid of the poverty by fast sweeping economic reforms, as a result, they failed.
In a word, we should take advatage of the time.

It is known to us that 'haste makes waste', why? Because if we are too hasty to finish something, we'll have no impatience, then we'll make the whole thing disordered, the result will turn out to be a mess we made but not that we expected . Thus if we want to have sth done quickly, we should make a plan carefully before doing it. Only this can we manage sth efficiently.
This is the case because I had a vivid experience of that. One evening in the last semeter , I had made a date with a friend and I had to get to the cinema before 6 o'clock. But it was 5:45 already, so I was very hasty. I hurried to set for the cinema, riding my bike, but on the half way I remembered having forgotten bring my glasses with me. So I had to return to my dorm. Then I began riding the bicycle again, but because I was in a such hurry my bicycle was collided with a bus, so I had to have my bike repaired. After having it repaired, it was already 7 o'clock. I was late!
So more hasty, less speed.

All the things in the world have their own rules in their birth, growth and death. It can only lead to a worse affect if we tried to break a thing's developing rule. So we can make a conclusion from it that "Haste Makes Waste"!
As we know, for example, if you are a primary school student, and your parents hope you go to university early, and try their best to arrange you to study in the university before you gratulated from the primary school. It is not good to you though your parents' wish is very good. Because you haven't learned all the subject you must lean, you'll be not able catch up with your classmats. For another example, if there are too much cars in a big city, it is better to go to work on foot or by bike than by cars .
显示用户信息 
2  发表于: 2005-02-20   
Though haste can do good to things, sometimes we can't apply it majorly, Haste makes waste.

People always want to finish the thing which he is doing quitely, then he can continu to do another things. In fact, haste makes waste. Why? People want to fastly finish the thing, he must be thinking about the next thing. He can't pay attention to the way which he is doing now. Then he will make fauls and he won't be succeed to finish the thing.
For example, one day I went to do some shopping. When I went out of the shop, I found it was only ten minutes when the afternoon class would begin. So I hurried to drive my bike towards school. For I was very worried. I drove the bike very fast. Suddenly, I fell down from my bike. What happened? There was a stone on the way, but I was too hurry to saw it. And I was a little hurt. When I got to the classroom, class already begin.
So I am sure that haste makes waste.

We often make mistakes like this: when we are to do something, we want to reach the aid quickly. So we'll do it in a "effiective" way, but the result always out of our expection . -things are maken even worse. It tells us that Haste Makes Waste.
You may don't understand this. In fact, it's a certain phyominon. Certainly the "haste" we say here is the way that isn't correct. We all know that it is necessary to do things paitiently . Moreover, things all develop in there own rules and only when we obey the rules, can we manipulate them well. Haste make waste is because the people didn't obey the rules.
It is well know that the story about this: once there was a farmer who wanted his crops grow fastely, so he pulled it from the mud. He was very glad to see his crops became taller. But a few days later, they all died. The farmer disobeyed the natural rules and failured at last.
显示用户信息 
3  发表于: 2005-02-20   
Not only crops but also all things have it's own rules. Their development need time and other condition.

Some people always want to finish his work on his hand as soon as, because it is a symbol of efficient, but it always makes failure and he should waste his time to do it again. It's inefficient.
When you want to do your work fastly, you will be curious and the curiosity will make you have mistakes easily. It can't indicates your common ability. It make you lose the chance.
For example, when you are doing your homework, you can do it well. During the time, your classmates ask you to play football with them, you do want to play and you must raise your speed. So you aren't patient as before, you become impatient. In your heart there are two things. One is to do the homework, and the another is to play the football. One heart can't be used for two way . So you make so many mistakes. And it slow down your speed of finishing the homework.
So we may say, "Haste makes waste".

When one is doing some work, he'll always want it finished quickly. But the fact is usually contrast , he will fail in this work. That is called "Haste Makes Waste".
There is a story about this. Someone wanted to go shoping early in the morning. He wanted to finish this work quickly. So he got up when it was 5:00 on that morning, and hurried to the market. But when he arrived at the market, he found that he had forgot to bring the money. Of course, his plan couldn't be finished in time. Also, I have experienced such things. One day, I was doing some papers. I found that I was so slow. So I look the questions fastly . But in the end, I couldn't answer any of these questions. Because I didn't understand the questions. I had to do from the beginning.
From these simple things, we should learn that haste makes waste. So we should do everything patiently.

China has a proverb: "Haste makes waste". It means if you want to success rapidly, you always fail in the end. Why haste leads to waste? Maybe it is self-evident. Because everything needs a procession. What you can do is to prompt the development of the thing. Since we have known everything from begin to end needs a procession, and the procession can't be elimated. So we must obey the rule. It is impossible that we want to control the procession by our conscious . If we aren't aware of this fact, we will be unsuccessful.
There is a example we are similar to. A person put out the grasses he planted in order to let them grow fast. The consequence of he needing haste is to make the grass die quickly.

Everyone knows a word---haste makes waste. We all know it, but sometimes we often neglect it when we are in a hurry. It is so easy to remember. And the reason is easy to understand. Everything has several steps. The first step is the basis, and the second step is based on it, and the third step is based on the second, and so on. If a person wants to get to the top quickly, and he's in a hurry, he does not want to walk step step, even if he has got to the top, he may fall down. Only because the base is not steady.
For example, all of us should finish the primary school, and then high school, and college. We now have the ability to cope with the problem, to solve the mathematical problem, depends on the previously education in primary and high school. It takes us more ten years. Yes, everyone wants to have a great success in a short time. It's a good idea. But it's impossible for everyone to finish all the course in 2 or 3 years. In colleges and universities, it's quite common that some students work hard only before the final exams. They may understand the main meaning of the course, but as a result, usually they can't get a good score, or even can't pass the exam. The ? is "Haste makes waste". They only spend several weeks on studying while the others spend much more. It is undoubtedly that the haste isn't a making of success.

When people do a thing, they always want to do it as fast as they can. In fact, the faster they want, the more inefficiency they can get. But why haste makes waste?
People always think, if someone want to do a thing well, he'd better do it constantly, thus, he will get the satisfacting result, but it's wrong. For example, when you do reading, if you want to read a lot and finish a thick book within half an hour, you read so fast that you don't grasp its grip at all. So when you recall this book, you don't remember any longer, and you must have a failure to the examination, because people always are so anxious to get the haste that they have a waste as a result.
From this, we can make a conclusion that whenever we do a thing, we not only pay attention to the haste, but also pay more attention to the efficiency. Thus, everything will be good.

The ancient Chinese people said: 'Haste makes waste.' Because when a person is eager to be successful, he may be anxious, he may not think over the problem, and he will do some silly things without consideration, so at last he will not succeed.
For example, once upon a time, there was a farmer who planted a lot of vegetable. One day he saw his neighbour's vegetable grow better and higher than his, he became very anxious, then he pulled all his vegetable in order to make them grow better . At last all his vegetable died. The farmer did a haste thing without careful consideration.
So we can learn somethings from the words. We must not be haste when we want to succeed. We should think it over and make a careful plan, carry it on steply, at last we will succeed without wasting our time and energy.

What does "Haste Makes Waste" mean. In my opinion, it means that some time one want to complete the thing more quickly but in fact he can't get what he wishing. Why would he meet this situation. Because something should be finished step by step. There are not easy way. It need we pay lots of industrious work. If one is impatient or does not want pay so much work, he take the unusual easy way, he would fail. This is a simple example. There is a cup of hot tea. If one is impatient, he want to drink it faster than anyone-else, so he take the tea immedialy. At last, he not only couldn't drink the tea, but also hurt himself. This word can also use in studying. One want to learn better than classmate. But he dislike hard work. So he take quickly way. He would found that he have nothing at last. In our country, we can also find the example of "Haste Makes Waste" . About 1960's , the leader want to keep up with the UK and USA. So they take the incorrect way to develop economy. But we get the bad result.
So we can say "Haste Makes Waste".

"Haste Makes Waste" is one of our Chinese means of expressions. It means that when you want to do something, only chase for the speed but without a serious thought and plan, the consequence will not be good as you have expected.
In our lifes, there are many examples that reflect the phenomenon which this phrase refers to. As we are students, every term we must have some tests. Before the tests, many students are busy going over the subjects. Some students are so desired to finish looking over the books that they do not mind how much they've got. With the insufficient preparations, they always fail in the exams.
Another example is very common in city's construction. The corporations only think of their speed of building the constructions but don't mind the quality of the construction . When the houses are sold out, there are so many problems turn up: the broken water pipes, the slan of the wall, etc. All of the above can bring about unconveniente to the people who live in the houses.
So, in order to reach an expected purpose we must do the things not only consider the speed, but consider the quality of the process. And the quality of the process is more important.

Haste makes waste, it means that if you only look for how to finish a thing quickly. We'll not satisfied with the effect we made.
With the development of agriculture industry and technology, competent becomes more and more common. At times, rate in special places is money. Therefore, only the rate do people pay attention to . For example, before examination students are likely to read books as many as possible. At last their aims arrived, but after to exam, they find that they've negleted many of the contents, how pity it is!
Here is a way to avoid it, before doing a thing, a detailed plan is necessary, then we can carry on the whole thing step by step .
In a conclution , there is no fun in looking for the rate only. So we should get rid of the seeds of it immediately if it sows in our minds.

There is an old Chinese saying "haste makes waste" and it tells us that you'll fail to get up to it if you want to finish it hastly . There is enough reason to explain why" haste makes waste". If you doing a thing and wanted to finish it sooner than expected, you will make you activity quickly than ever, but if you do so, the opportunity of making mistakes will obversily much more than ever too. So you have to correct the mistake and that will waste your time finish the job, what a pity!
显示用户信息 
4  发表于: 2005-02-20   
For example, Mrs. Green wanted to make a dinner for her husband in a short time. But she should not only washed the vegetable but also boiled the meal, so she did that at the same time. But when she finished washing, the meal as over-boiled when her husband arrived and she was still busy doing the dinner.
If we want to finish a thing, I think we should do it step by step and we will finialy get to it, remember don't be hasty, "haste makes waste".

As we know, we should make plans before we do something, the more carefully we have planed the more successful we are . Otherwise, you are hard to get success without prepration, in China, there is an old saying: haste makes waste, and it is always true.
For example, when you are very thirsty, you caught sight of a glass of water, if you drank it immediately without observing whether it was hot or cold, if might hurt your lips. Don't be so haste.
There is another example, you can remember 10 words per hour, but you want to remember more, so you speeds your step to 100 words per hour at once. It's impossible of course you will fail.
If you want to be a successful man, please remember the sentence all time: haste makes waste.

It is said that haste makes waste. The meaning of this sentence is that someone to do something in a hurry , but he always fail to do the things why? Firstly, when a person do something in haste, he often neglects some details or some parts of the whole things. He may forget this or that. Secondly, People in a haste state , he can't pay all his attention to do the things carefully , he only think to finish the work as quickly as he can. So, he may do something wrong during the cause, there may be other reasons for this . but these two reasons are enough to explain why haste makes waste.
I'll give an example to explain it farther more, once, I would be late for school. So I did everything in a hurry, when I went out the door. I found that I forgot to wear my red scarf. so I had to go back and wore the scarf. Then I went on my way to school. But on my way to school I found that I forgot to take the homework which must be handed in today, I went back to home again. For these, I was late that day. If I did all the things firstly , I might not be late.

There is a Chinese saying: haste makes waste. It means that one can not succeed if he just wants to succeed but it to work hard for it . Then why do we say so?
As we all know things are made up of many parts. Some are basic, some are important. Some are essentical and so on, one that just wants to succeed may mere set the essentical parts and just do it, yes, these parts may be the most important to the success . But we must know we can't reach them if we get away from the basic ones, it will spend most of our time to be prepared for them . And it's often being . A sentence is made up of some words, and these words are linked by some kind of structue. It is essentical, but we can't only know the importance of the structue. If there are not so many words, the structre is no use at all, just learn the structre is easier and quicker than remember and master so many words . We know that the essentical parts are nearer to the success and it seems quicker to achieve them than other basic parts, but we can't ignore the latter. So we all agree that haste makes waste.

"Haste makes waste" is a well-known saying in China. You may ask; why does haste make waste? First, if you want to achieve your ambition, you'll have to make some investigations in advance, you must make some necessary preparations and study some basic knowledge , but a hasty man will neglect all these things above , so he is doomed to fail, secondly, during he procedure, the hasty man will do some work hurrily . He will make some serious mistakes that be avoided if he works carefully.
Some student don't study hard at school. They study hard just before the examination. They spent whole night in studying during those days, they made great efforts in order to pass the examinations, but a lot of them failed to do so. Maybe they forget that haste makes waste .
In my opinion all great men achieve success through devotion, good preparation, diligence and perseverance. People, esp those lazy students, must learn to know "haste makes waste".

It is well-known that haste makes waste. I think there are two reasons, first, people do something in a hurry, they often have mot enough preparing and they are easy to fail. Second, sometimes the haste may lead a wrong behave which does not agree with the law of the things, in one world, haste makes waste.
Now, I'd like to give some examples.
Firstly, the haste of a people who wants to catch a train usual is a bad thing, because the people are anxious, he always goes out in a hurry. And he is so anxious that he often leaves some thing important at home. such as, the tickets, if the unfortunate thing happened, he would have is return and he would have less time to catch the train . Therefor, if I want to do something, we must take enough time to prepare for it, because haste always leads to failure.
Secondly, sometimes because of too anxious , people will do something breaking it's own development law. For example, if a person wants to eat the eggs, he can buy it in the market but, if he killed hen , he will lose a hen and many eggs in future. Though, this is a acient story. It is also instructive today.
Through the two examples we can conclude that haste makes waste, so, in order to do things well, we must carefully prepare for it and obey the law of the things.

When I study in school, teacher often teaches me "Haste Makes Waste". When I ask "why?", he explains to me: "when you want to finish a thing, first you must think it careful , you must understand what you should do? But if you do it hastily and without care, you will miss some important small parts, and then you will make waste.
I even thought these words over and I realized that these words were good. I even make several mistakenes because I didn't believe "Haste Makes Waste." In the middle school, my markes was low. And I want to improved my study. First I studyed hard without care, so I make waste. When I studyed careful, my markes is high.

There is a Chinese proverb---Haste makes waste. That means if you do something in a hurry, you won't do it successfully.
Doing things successfully bases on two steps: first, you should make up your mind how to do it. This needs experience, knowledge of all kinds, intelligence, etc. If you have done it before, you may think that how you did last time and overcome the shortcoming. If you haven't done it, you do must think of it. That will help you do it with confidence. If you do it without thinking, just in a haste, you will probably fail. Second, you must do what you do carefully and skillfully. You must know that your purpose is not speed, but is quality and success.
You see, a student who is doing his homework wants to play with his classmates, he wants to finish the work quickly and then he can play. In the end, he finds that the quicker he wants to be, the poorer the work he have done.
So we should not do things in a hurry. Do remember---Haste makes taste.

People almost think haste is a better thing, if car, ship, plane and train are faster, you will get the goal early. If you can study fast, you will make the mark. But not all things are so glad.
显示用户信息 
5  发表于: 2005-02-20   
We may learn about this reason from our history and reality. In 1958, all people echoed Mao Zhedong's call and did their bests building the country. They intented to turn into modern developed country. In result, the economic was back. Nowaday, many factories tried to catch up with the factories of the developed countries. They tried their bests altering their condictions. Because they didn't think other facter such as pollution, market. At last, many products can't sell, factories were bankrupted.
Whether haste is good or bad, we must make the result from all facters , we can't purily think "Haste must be good". Sometimes, haste makes waste.

An Chinese old saying says "Haste makes waste". Why? Your excessive desire is far from your real capacity and preparation. You expect too much and is short of doing the enormous fundmental work upon which success must base. Achievement only reaches the good ready mind.
Now a fact exemplifies the above. In the early of 1990's, the housing estate market developed so stipulating that the large amount of housing has been storing till now. This caused directly the flowing capital delayed and the stressful economic situation at that time. The key is all housing businessmen desiring to make a large fortune at a day enlarged the market undemanded at random. The developing speed of housing estate market was beyond above the normal economic increasing speed. The overquick increase has conservly brought about the loss of economy.

It is often heard that the old and experienced people always give the young men such a good sentence: "Haste makes waste." It is easy for you to understand it . Most of us have such a experience. We are planning to do something very urgent. When some one else continues to hurry you up again and again and finally you will do nothing successfully. If you want to get something done perfectly, you should have a good plan first and then consider it from all aspects. It must lead to failure if you are eager to finish it quickly.
For example, one time my brother was planning to have a birthday party for my mother. So he telephoned all friends and relatives of my family to invite them to have dinner at our home. But in a hurry, he forgot to count how many guests he invited. At last we were very embarrassed that some of our guests were hungry after birthday party because we hadn't had enough food. On the whole it tells us whatever we do, we should plan and then do it carefully. Haste is no lead to success , sometimes haste just wastes time or causes failure.

I would never forget the matter which happened last year. I received an order for 200 cartons of Chinese tea for my American client. So I asked the workshop to produce . When the director asked me when to deliver the goods, I answered, "The sooner the better" in order to get payment earlier. Two weeks later, 200 cartons were ready but the quality was poor, because usually, we need one month to produce such amount. Of course, the client was angry and refused to pay a dollar. We wasted a lot of time, money and energy but got nothing.
From then on, I have understood what our saying "Haste makes waste" means. Speed is important, but it must be based on quality. High speed can be accepted only when the quality is high, too. Otherwise, the result will be nothing but waste.
I think it is necessary for everybody to remember "Haste makes waste."

When we do a thing, which is the more important: the speed? The good result? We usual think both of them can be got is the best result . But if you must choose one from them, the good result is more important.
I used to have met such a thing. When I was nine, I wanted to learn writing. I saw some other pupil could draw beautiful pictures. I thought it would be wonderful if I can. So I began to learning . When I made a little progress, I wished how I can draw pictures quickly and wonderfully. Thus, I practised until I finished a picture in only several minutes. But when I showed these pictures to others, they said they're worse than before. After this, I thought for a long time. I understood before I hadn't made a good foundation, I couldn't have demand it speed . It struck me deeply.
Today, I still remember the thing. It proved a piece of words. "Haste makes waste". When we do things, we should first have enough abilities to do it better, then the speed may be required.

It is true that haste makes waste. If someone doesn't know the way he is going to , and he runs fast unconciously, we are sure that he will never reach anywhere in the end. The same as to building house, if we want to build a house in a hasty , regardless of the basement of the house. The house that we will have built up is dangerous for us to live. So, we must rebuild it again. It wastes time and energy. For achieving a thing is not a easy work. We should learn to be patient and work step by step.
Patient is not needed in the work, but also in study. If we try to learn English well, we should remember English words each day. Day after day, we can enlarge our vocabulary, and we can read and write English more correctly. But, it is a period of learning. It needs time. Rome was not built in a day. So, we can conclude that we should work hard and patiently both in life and our study. Only that we can success in our life and work.

Haste makes waste, it's an old traditional saying. We all have experiences when we are hurried by someone or one defined time, we always get a worse result. Because when you are hurried, you'll lose the control of your mood, pay less attetion to the things you have to deal with at the time, and then you'll act as a fly on the heating oven. You can't think in cold blood, you can't think clearly the turns of things, you'll waste time in struggling against yourself, and at last, you may forget the most important thing you have to do.
One day I was going to late for school, my mother hurried me: "be quick! Or you'll be late!" I hurried down stairs and found that I forgot to bring the key of my bike, so I hurried up stairs to take my key, this time I found my school bag was left in the room...... when I rode on my bike at last, I was too hurry to break my bike, so you can guess the final result.

"Haste makes waste" is an old Chinese saying.
If you want to get strong, you eat a lot, you may be sent to the hospital instead of getting strong. Because "haste makes waste".
If you want to get a high score in your exam, you spand all your time in your studying, day and night. May this help you success? Perhaps not, Because "haste make waste".
All of us know an old story. A farmer thought his crops grew too slow, he dicide to help them to grow faster. As we know, the result is not so pleasant. Because "haste make waste".
We know that everything has its own regular way, we can't change it, we can't be too nervous. Only should we follow its way, we can get it. Because "haste makes waste"!

Perhaps everyone has heard ever since primary school days: haste makes waste. What impressed me most is a story, a traditional children's story. There were two brothers who lived on cutting trees in forest . The older one was honest and quick -tempered . Every morning he got up earlier than his younger brother, and began his work with his tool unpolished . however , every time when he went back home with his brother who was always late to work, he was surprised to find that the trees he had cut were less than his brother's. As we know, the reason is very simple: the younger always polished his own tool .
Some it also applies to our study, some students try to make rapid progress as much as possible. In that case, They spend much time in working; sometimes they forget to eat and sleep. But in the end, most of them will be depressed that they don' t achieve much as expected, but at the cost of their health . Hard work is necessary, but we should make good use time as well as set relaxation or entertainment aside.

Generally speaking, people usually think when we do something, if we can do them fast, we can do well. But the fact is always different. So, we have an old saying "Haste makes waste".
Why do people say "haste makes waste"? for example, you may have not these things. Maybe, you are very hungry, so you go to a restaurant and order some foods. When the soup is ready, you are eager to eat. But, when you try to, you will failed, because it's too hot. It's the same question when we are at work. Because when we want to do it fast, firstly usually we may forget something which can make us do it wrong . Secondly, quite a lot of things their basical principle . They can't be done fastly . On the contrary, they should be done one by one. The most important aspect is that everything has a process which is often gradual . I had a experience just before this examination. I want to cut my pencil, since there is only five minutes , so I cut it fastly, but I failed three times. You see, I can't do such an easy thing. From this we also can know "haste makes waste".
So, when we want do things better, we must avoid one fault view, fast doesn't means we can do things well.
显示用户信息 
6  发表于: 2005-02-20   
We all know that famous Chinese saying: "haste makes waste." The old often use it to advise that young man not to do things so hurry, for the reason the more we wanted to complete the task fast, the more errors would be appeared . We are all common people, it is nessecery for us to realize that we'd better make everything steply by steply ; and also, unease is no use when we have difficulties in our daily life. We need enough time to solve the problem.
We perhaps have met something unpleased in our study, failed to pass the exam; can't be the top-class student in our school; lose the chance to compete the scholarship, all the matters seems so bad to us. But when those coma to you, have you asked youself . "did I make my best: can I do it better?" everyone cannot make all the things like just they want. Never mind, take it easy, we are to continue, time will consider everything " we'll save the best for the last. " we can receive what we want after our hard working, just not so hurry.

In our daily life, we may have experienced enough to recognize the rule --haste makes waste. For example, you are hurry to go to school in order to do some reading work, but when you sit down you may recall that you had lift the textbook at home.
I think if you want to haste your pace, the most importance thing is do prepare work, we must inspect whether everything was ready when we start some work, or we cannot get success. For example, when you want to learn computer , the first thing you do must be how parch the keyboard, you must practice your fingers on the keyboard, then, you can start to learn the knowledge about how to run a program.

The saying "haste makes waste" is known to everyone. It tell us that being hasty and not considering the matters natural law would result in waste, and it would be a waste of time, energy and money, therefore it would delay the thing we are doing rather than speed up it. There is a proverb in China "pull the crop to help it grow", saying a farmer was impatient at the crop, so he went to field day after day to pull the crop a little, then after a few days the crop died, the farmer felt very sorry for it, the proverb is instructive to us, the farmer ignored the natural law of the crop's growth, only hoped it could grew quickly to have a good harvest, this kind of idea is not acceptable, "haste makes waste". It is true, so, if we hope to be successful, we must have a thoughtful consideration before we act. We mustn't have any imagination. We should depend on the deligence of ourselves to win the achievements.

To all of us we hope to do everything as quickly as we can. Sometimes we can finish our duty in time. But sometimes we can't get a good result from the task we have finished, though we can do this task in time. What have hopped to our behaviour? The only reason is "haste makes waste". In order to do one thing perfectly, at first we should prepare. We should think considerately how we way is indepensible to prepare . If we had not enough sensible thoughts, we must have wasted our much of time.
For example, I used to want to read fast in English examination. I always tryed to find correct answers through question. On the contrary, the result of test is very poor. Because I couldn't gasp the main idea of one article. I couldn't compenhensive all meanings of phrase and neglect some details of the article. Despite I read more carefully than do quickly.
From this case, I belief that "haste makes waste is very reasonable. In the future, we might as well do anything by this rule.

Everyone wants to succeed in doing everything. He tries his best to reach what he will expect. But if he doesn't use right ways he will fail.
Long before, I would attend CET-6 Exam. I was very worried, for I was poor in the vocabulary. I made my determine to learn every words by heart. At that time, I just didn't know that it was useless only if I recited the words seperating them from the paragraph. I had thought I found the best and fastest way to learn vocabulary. It could save a lot of time. However the result is beyond my thinking.
From then on, I knew a lot. There is no quick way in many things. Only honest and deligent is the best way. If you want to succeed, do step by step.
级别: 精灵王
显示用户信息 
7  发表于: 2005-03-04   
"haste makes waste."
小企鹅,小企鹅,走起路,真快活。东一摇,西一摆,就象一个老阿婆。
级别: 光明使者
显示用户信息 
8  发表于: 2005-07-26   
大家说话都用ENGLISH 啊

我要好好努力学习了
不是所有的爱都坚不可摧

很多事情只有上帝才知道