竹影无风 |
2004-03-25 18:57 |
Unit 19 Applied Conversation 探望生病的朋友
1 Dialogue
蒂娜听说好友卡罗琳发生了意外,立即来到医院看望她。在医院里,蒂娜了解了卡罗琳的事,并告诉了她一些关于查理的事。
A: Hello, Caroline. How are you feeling?
嗨,卡罗琳,你现在觉得怎么样?
B: Much better, Tina. Thanks for coming to see me.
好多了,蒂娜,谢谢你来看我。
A: It was such a shock to hear that you were in an accident. How did it happen?
听到你出了意外,真是很大的震惊。是怎么发生的?
B: It all happened so quickly that I really don’t know who was in the wrong.
发生得太快了,以致于我真的不知道谁不对。
A: Were you driving the car?
是你开车吗?
B: No, Fred was driving. We were just passing a side street when a boy on a bicycle came out. Fred swung the wheel around to avoid hitting him. We missed the boy on the bicycle but hit another car that was trying to pass us.
不,是弗雷德开车,当一个骑脚踏车的男孩出现时,我们正要过一个巷道。弗雷德掉转方向盘避免撞到他。我们闪过了骑脚踏车的男孩,可是撞到了另外一辆想超我们车的车子。
A: Then it wasn’t Fred’s fault at all, was it?
那么,一点都不是弗雷德的错了,不是吗?
B: No, I don’t suppose it was. But the man in the other car was awfully angry.
是的,我想一点也不是。不过,另一辆车里的男人非常生气。
A: But he’s as much to blame because he tried to pass you. Was he hurt?
不过,他同样应负责任,因为他想超车,他受伤了吗?
B: No, I was the only one that was hurt.
不,我是惟一受伤的人。
A: It’s a shame. Does your arm hurt very much?
真是遗憾,你的手臂很痛吗?
B: Not any more.
不再痛了。
A: Did you break it?
你的手臂断了吗?
B: No. The doctor says the bone isn’t broken. I think it should be all right in a few days.
没有,医生说骨头没断。我想两三天后应该会好。
A: You were lucky, weren’t you?
你很幸运,不是吗?
B: I should say so. I was wearing a heavy coat. I think that saved me fromshavingsa broken arm.
我应该这么说。我穿着一件很厚重的大衣。我想这救了我,使我免于断一双手臂。
A: Well, take care of yourself. I’ll drop in again later this afternoon.
嗯,请保重自己。稍后今天下午,我会再来看你。
B: Thanks, Tina. And say hello to the others for me.
谢谢你,蒂娜,替我向其他人问候。
A: Yes, I will. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. Charles left Beijing this morning for a trip and he asked me to give you his best.
是的,我会的。哦,我几乎忘了告诉你。查理今天早上离开北京去度假了,他要我代他向你问候。
B: Thanks. But what made him think of making a trip now? I know hes broke.
谢谢,不过,他怎么会想现在去旅行呢?我知道他破产了。
A: I don’t know the reason. Probably nobody knows except Charles himself. Anyway he says he’ll be back early next month.
我不知道原因。也许除了查理本人之外,没有人知道。无论如何,他说下个月初,他会回来。
B: I’ll be looking forward to his return. He owes me some money.
我盼望他回来。他欠我一些钱。
A: Well, I think I’d better be leaving now. Goodbye, Caroline.
嗯,我想我最好是现在就离开。卡罗琳,再见。
B: Goodbye, Tina. Thanks again for coming to see me.
再见,蒂娜,再次谢谢你来看我。
2 精彩脱口秀--探望生病的朋友
人吃五谷杂粮,岂有不生病之理。因此,人生在世,就免不了患个伤风感冒或有个小磕小碰的,朋友之间免不了要询问一下对方,以示关心。看望病人,主要就是安慰病人,安慰的技巧是在人与人之间互相交往、互相关心中逐步获得的。它不仅可以平复病人的心灵创伤,还可以增加人与人之间的感情。
●How’s it going.感觉如何。
●Not so good, my head is going round.不怎么好,头还是晕晕的。
●She’s still pretty sick.她病得不轻。
●I really fell terrible.我的确觉得极其难受。
●My whole body feels weak.我觉得浑身虚弱无力。
●I have a splitting headache.我头痛得像要裂开了。
●No trouble at all. Just hope you get well quick.没有什么问题,希望你早日康复。
●You look like a wreck!你看起来脸色不好!
●He’s turned the corner.他已经渡过危险期了。
●Good to see he’s out and about again!看到他活蹦乱跳的样子真是高兴!
●It’s this cold! I just can’t seem to shake it off!是这可恶的感冒,我看起来好不了了!
●Not so bad-alive and well!还行吧--健健康康的!
●I feel dizzy.我觉得头晕。
●Is there a good doctor around here?这附近有好医生吗?
●My nose is raw from blowing it so much.我因擤鼻涕而鼻子直发痛。
●Hm, hmhm. Something’s wrong with my throat.哼,哼,我喉咙有些不对。
●Vh-oh, I feel a little feverish. I’ll take my temperature.哦,我感觉有点发烧。来量个体温看看。
●My stomach is empty but I have no appetite.我胃空空的,却没有食欲。
●Oh, dear! I’ve been forgetting to take my medicine.哦,糟了,我忘记吃药了。 |
|