社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : 李阳演讲卡
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
0  发表于: 2004-04-13   

李阳演讲卡

Since English is not your native tongue, you must develop the muscles of your speech organs to produce unfamiliar sounds. When you read, read as loudly as possible, as clearly as possible and as quickly as possible. Tongue muscles' training is of great importance in learning any foreign language.
  Doing Business in the United States
  When you have a business meeting in the United States, come to the appointment on time. Americans consider it extremely bad manners to be late. You may be offered coffee, and then you should immediately announce the reason for your visit. It is important to speak directly and clearly about your subject. Be prepared to discuss details and be ready to answer questions. If your host disagrees details and be ready to answer questions. If your host disagrees with you, he will say so, and you may disagree with him too - politely, of course!
  Australia is a unique country. It's the world's largest island, but it's also the world's smallest continent. In fact, Australia is the only country that is also a continent. It's about the size of the United States, but is has a population of only 16.5 million. I f it sounds like an interesting place to visit, that's because it is.
Touchy topics
In North America when people meet each other for the first time, they talk about things like family, work, school, or sports. They ask questions like "Do you have any brothers or sisters?", "Where do you work?", "What school do you go to?", and "Do you like sports?" They also ask questions like "Where do you come from?" and "Where do you live?" These are polite questions. They are not personal or private.
But some things are personal or private, and questions about them are not polite. People don't ask questions about a person's salary. They don't ask how much someone paid for something. It is OK to ask children how old they are, but it is not polite to ask older people their age. It is also not polite to ask people questions about politics or religion unless you know them very well. People don't ask unmarried people "Why are you single?", and they don't ask a married couple with no children "Why don't you have any children?"
#A workaholic is a person who works too much. A workaholic lives to work, rather than works to live. In America, it is generally thought that being a workaholic is unhealthy and harmful.
#In America, being highly educated often over-qualifies you for many jobs. Companies are careful not to hire applicants who have more education and higher goals than necessary for the job. Over-qualified workers are likely to quit the minute (=as soon as) they find a better job.
#Stone's bilingual ability and his work experience were the qualities that helped him get the job over all the other candidates.
#A: I just stopped by at your office in the bank. They told me that you had quit. Where are you working now?
B: I am working for a lawyer now. The pay is better and the work is much more interesting.
#A: Have you been waiting for me for a long time?
B: I've only been waiting for an hour. I feel as though I have been standing here for 50 days.
[1]
*Mike likes to write by the nice bright light at night.
*I like the shape of that table.
[2]
*She sells seashells on the shining seashore, and shells she sells on the seashore are seashells I am sure.
*There are thirty three thousand three hundred and thirty-three feathers on that thrush's throat.
[3]
(1)
*I'll think - it - over.
*What - are you doing?
*I'm working on - it.
(2)
*You are - too much.
*I don't know what - to do.
(3)
*Lend - me your black - bag.
*I don't - like - people asking me for money.
*Do you want - that - magazine?
*Do you need - that - pencil?
*Ask - Bob - to sit - behind - me.
*Would you mind - giving me that - red - book?
1. Not only did I forget my train ticket, but I also forgot my passport.
2. She began playing the violin when she was nine.
3. I had to pay three dollars for my club fee, and I paid another two dollars for my laundry this morning. I only had five dollars.
4. It started ort to be a beautiful day. Then, all of a sudden, it became cloudy and began to rain.
5. Doris would like to see your picture of California and so would I. =We'd both like to see your pictures.
6. If you can find another pair of tickets we'll have enough for a dozen people. =We have 10 tickets at present.
7. Cindy's sister is coming to stay with her a week from tomorrow.
A: Cindy's sister will be staying with her for a week.
B: Cindy's sister will arrive in eight days.
8. The price of the car was so low that it made Stone suspicious of the value. =Stone doubted the value of the car.
9. Following the dinner will be an address by the candidate.
=The candidate will speak after dinner.
10. Wouldn't I love to be in North Carolina right now!
=I wish I could go to North Carolina.
11. If only our team had scored one more point.
12. Mike found it difficult to adjust at first, but he's used to studying at Harvard now.
1. She asked me which one I'd like, and I said I didn't mind.
2. It's nice to be sitting here with you.
3. * I will have done it by the time you come back.
* I'll have studied English for four years next March.
4. * This soup would taste better if it had more salt in it.
* If she could help you, she would help you.
5. * If it hadn't rained so hard yesterday, we would have played tennis.
* If I had known her telephone number, I would have called her.
6. * I have just finished my homework.
* He has gone to America.
* He has been to America.
* He has lived here for a year.
7. * He is a promising young man.
* I got home, feeling very tired.
* I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.
* We should keep them informed of what is going on here.
*Music can enrich your whole life.
*He gave a lecture on agriculture.
*On coming home, he switched on the television.
*The house is on fire. /on duty /on sale
time:
*His visit was well timed.
recommendation:
*I bought the car on Paul's recommendation.
motivation:
The stronger the motivation, the more quickly a person will learn a foreign language.
1. to drop someone a line /note = to write a short letter to some one
*As soon as I get to Guangzhou, I'll drop you a line.
2. to stand a chance = have a chance
*You can forget that! You don't stand a chance of getting the job!
3. ill at ease = slightly nervous or worried, esp. in a social situation
*A: How did you like last night's party?
B: I'm not accustomed to that kind of social situation. I was little ill at ease.
4. to live up to = to keep to the high standards of
*Did the film live up to your expectations?
= Was it as good as you expected?
5. work out
*Don't worry. Everything will work out all right.
*We must work out some plan to increase our sales.
6. to keep one's head = to remain calm
*In case of fire, keep your head. Walk, don't run, to the nearest exit.
1. That's the way I look at it, too.
I couldn't agree more. /Exactly. /That's a good point.
2. That's just what I was thinking.
3. That's good idea.
4. I know what you mean.
5. I feel the same way.
6. That depends.
7. I'm not really sure.
8. I'm really /very /awfully sorry (about it).
9. I apologize. /Please accept my apology.
10. I feel terrible (about it).
11. That's quite all right.
12. I understand completely.
13. You really don't have anything to apologize for.
14. I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you.
15. It won't take much time.
16. It's been a long time.
17. It's nothing.
18. It's about time.
19. It's wonderful! It's terrific! It's fabulous!
20. It's incredible.
21. It's hard to say.
22. That's it.
23. That reminds me.
24. Did I hear you right?
25. Sounds like fun.
26. I doubt it.
27. You never know.
28. If you insist.
29. I wish I could.
30. You can count on me.
31. I mean it /I'm serious /I'm not kidding.
32. I'll do something about it.
33. That's really something.
34. I'm coming.
35. It can't be helped.
36. I'm looking forward to seeing you.
37. I'm not myself today.
38. What do you think of the proposal?
1. Tomorrow never comes.
2. Storms make trees take deeper roots.
3. Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
4. The shortest answer is doing.
5. Pain past is pleasure.
1. I hope you don't mind my asking, but I wonder if it might be at all possible for you to lend me your car.
2. I should have studied last night, but I was too tired.
3. The boss is waiting in his office for us to come and explain why we failed to finish this work on time. The sooner we go and face the music the better.
4. Boy, you are in a lousy mood! Come on now - buck up - face the music - nose to the grindstone. You'll get used to it soon. You know the proverb, "Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone."
5. I'm sick and tired of having to take care of your brother just be cause he refuses to go out and find a job.
6. It's been a bad day. First, I couldn't keep up with all the paper work at the office. Second, the bank called and told me I would have to keep up with my car payments or I might lose the car. Then this evening I went jogging with my wife. I was so tired I couldn't keep up with her.
7. Attitudes toward drinking and smoking in the U.S. are, in some ways, very different from those in Asia.
8. If it hadn't been for your help (= if you had not helped), we would never have finished it.
9. Does it make any difference to you whether we have our lesson at two o'clock?
10. I began my new job full of confidence, but after one week and I still hadn't made a single sale, my heart was in my boots.
11. There's no sense in going by boat when the plane is just as cheap and much quicker.
■ ■
I am 22 years old and have a great job in an advertising agency, working for a very nice boss. The chances for a promotion look really good, but before I get too old I want to see the world. What I dream of doing is taking a year off and sailing around the world alone. The problem is that my boss says he can't keep my job open for me. My boyfriend is against me going too - he says it's too dangerous. What do you think I should do?
■ ■
I am 60 years old and single. Now after all these years I have fallen head over heels in love. The girl I love is much younger than me - in fact she's 20 years old. She says she loves me, but my relatives say she is just after my money. Her parents don't approve of me and want her to forget me. I don't want to be lonely the rest of my life. What should I do?
Head over heels = very much; completely
*The moment John saw Mary, he fell head over heels in love with her.
■■I'm very grateful to receive this award for "Best Actress." I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate this honor. There are many people I'd like to thank. First of all, I want to thank my parents for bringing me into this world. I also want to express my gratitude to all of my teachers over the years, but especially to my acting teacher, Vincent Lewis, who taught me everything I know. And finally, I want to express my appreciation to all of my friends for their support, especially to Katherine Miller, for being there when I needed her.
This award means a great deal to me. Words can't express how honored I feel at this moment. Thank you very much.
No Age Discrimination
Nowadays when you interview with an American company, you do not have to reveal your age. The interviewer is not supposed to ask. If he does, and later you are not hired, you might be able to sue the company for age discrimination.
Cheerful Messages
When you visit an American home you're likely to see a cheerful message or two hanging on the wall. The message is often a famous quotation, religious principle or short poem. The message may even be an original saying written by a member of the family.
Better to give than to receive.
Chairman's Opening Remarks at a Meeting
◆ I want to welcome you all here for the fourth annual meeting of our Asian sales staff. I know you are all busy, so I appreciate your making time in your schedules to attend today.
◆ There are 16 participants here today. First, Mr. Stone Lee, our sales manager, will make a few remarks. He will speak about the sales projections for the coming year and the problems that some of us have had in the past year. After Mr. Lee's remarks, the meeting will be opened for comments and discussion from the rest of you.
◆ We hope that you will earnestly take part in this meeting. You are all skilled and successful salesmen as shown by your records in the field. This company is growing by leaps and bounds, and the way to keep growing, and to stay ahead of the competition is to openly and freely exchange our opinions and our successful techniques, and to speak about our failures. After the meeting, we will all adjourn to the Rose Room of this hotel for a buffet dinner. Now, shall we begin?
■ First of all, I want to thank you all for coming to this party. I have thrown this party, because I wanted to thank you all for being kind to me while I have been here.
■ Looking back, it seems like a very short five years living here and working together with you. My wife and I still remember the first day we arrived in Shanghai, and everything looked so different, compared with things in New York. The first several months were a difficult time, but we tried very hard to adapt ourselves to the new environment, new life style, and a new place of work. There were times of disappointment, anger, and humiliation, and there were also times of joy, excitement, and happiness, and we are deeply grateful to you for that.
■ Millions of thanks to you all, and don't forget to finish your dinner before it gets cold.
■ I am very happy that you have come all the way from the United States to visit our company. We are very proud and honored to have a distinguished group of guests such as you to our company.
■ Our staff and employees will do their best to make your visit comfortable and worthwhile. Today, they will introduce to you our newly built plant and research center. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you might want to ask.
■ I want to extend my warmest welcome to all of you, and sincerely hope that your visit here will be worthwhile and meaningful.
举一反三
A: It's a shame this restaurant is so expensive.
B: I agree. I wish it were cheaper.
A: Me, too. I was hoping we could eat here tonight, but it looks like that's out of the question.
B: I'm afraid so.
A: It's a shame the weather is so bad.
B: I agree. I wish it were better.
A: Me, too. I was hoping we could go to the beach today, but it looks like that's out of the question.
A: It's a shame these instructions are so complicated.
B: I agree. I wish they were simpler.
A: Me, too. I was hoping we could put this bicycle together for Tom's birthday, but it looks like that's out of the question.
A: It's a shame this machine is so slow.
B: I agree. I wish it were quicker.
A: Me, too. I was hoping we could finish copying this report to day, but it looks like that's out of the question.
It's a Possibility
A: What would you do if I told you I was going to quit my job /drop out of college /go into business for myself /dye my hair blonde?
B: Quit your job /Drop out of college /Go into business for your self /Dye your hair blonde?
A: Yes, quit my job!
B: Well, I'd probably say you should think about it seriously /talk it over with your parents /get some sound financial advice /think twice about it before you make a decision. Why? You aren't really going to quit your job, are you?
A: Well, it's a possibility.
I Was a Little Disappointed
A: How did you like the play /your vacation /the game /your date with Ted last night /English class today?
B: Well, to tell the truth, I was a little disappointed.
A: Why?
B: It wasn't as funny /relaxing /exciting /enjoyable /good as I thought it would be. I really expected it to be a lot funnier /more relaxing /exciting /enjoyable /better.
A: That's too bad.
It Doesn't Make Any Difference
A: When do you want to leave? /Who would you like to invite to the party? /What would you like to do this weekend? /Which movie would you rather see? /How would you like me to cut your hair? /Where do you want us to put the couch?
B: Oh. I don't know. Whenever /Whoever /Whatever /Whichever /However /Wherever you'd like to leave /invite /do /see /cut /put is fine with me.
A: You don't have any strong feelings about it?
B: No, not really. It doesn't make any difference.
OFF TO AMERICA
Mr. Li Ming is looking forward to going to America in September. He has never been out of China, so he is very excited about living abroad. Last year, he applied to Harvard University for a scholarship and succeeded in passing a difficult examination.
At the moment, he is a bit worried about his English. He is good at reading and writing, but he wishes he knew how to understand and speak better. That's why he is now concentrating on conversation at a language school near his home. He is attending a morning intensive course four hours a day, six days a week. The classes are interesting, and the teachers are good, so he is gradually getting used to thinking in English.
Mr. Li is not afraid of working hard, so he keeps on studying after his English classes in order to prepare for life in America. He spends a lot of time reading books on ecology, because he is thinking of majoring in this subject at the university. But this doesn't mean that Mr. Li is a bookworm. He is also very fond of playing tennis and manages to find time for a game twice a week.
Li Ming's parents are in favor of his plan, and they are very proud of their son's success in getting a scholarship to Harvard. But, at the same time, they wish he weren't going so far away. They are used to seeing him every day, and they will miss him very much when he leaves home for the summer vacations, so they are content to let him go to America.
1. He's looking forward to going to America.
2. He applied for a scholarship to Harvard University.
*He applied for the post.
3. He succeeded in passing the examination.
*She succeeded in persuading her parents.
4. He's concentrating on learning English.
5. He's getting used to thinking in English.
6. He's not afraid of working hard.
7. He keeps on studying ecology.
*We kept on discussing the problem for four hours.
8. He's very fond of playing tennis.
春节的习俗
The most important festival in China is the Spring Festival. It falls on the last day of the lunar year and lasts until the Lantern Festival. On the New Year's Eve, people usually cook lots of good dishes. Then the whole family sits around the table, feasting and welcoming the first day of the new year.
When the clock strikes twelve at midnight, people greet one another with "Happy New Year" and go out into the open to watch all kinds of fireworks glittering everywhere in the dark sky. Parents usually put a small red paper packet under their child's pillow. Inside the packet is some money. That means the child is already one year older. In China people call this "Ya-Sui-Qian".
On the first day of the new year, people go to visit their parents, relatives and friends. Some young couples get married on that day too. The Spring Festival lasts half a month until the Lantern Festival comes.
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
级别: 骑士
显示用户信息 
1  发表于: 2004-04-13   
请问,一共有多少张卡啊??
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
2  发表于: 2004-04-14   
版本不同的,说法不同的,李阳的东西出的太多,我也搞不很清楚的。
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。