社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : 《英语初级口语》(文本+MP3)
级别: 新手上路
显示用户信息 
10  发表于: 2004-05-10   
《英语初级口语》(文本+MP3)
在学习外语的时候,对话并非最困难,困难的是,不知道自己出错在哪里。我天天和法国同事一起对话,好多时候发音错误,同事会指出,但是语法上的错误,却都被忽略了。这应该是大声朗读的不足的原因吧。
谢谢楼主了。
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
11  发表于: 2004-05-15   
Lesson 11

Text A

A Visit to Conway Castle

Dave's class at school were studying English history, and one day their teacher said to them, "Well, boys, on Friday we're all going to get on a bus and go to Conway. There's a beautiful castle there, and we're going to visit it. " The boys were very happy when they heard this.

"Now, has anybody got any questions?" the teacher asked.
  "How old is the castle, sir?" Dave asked.
  "It's about seven hundred years old , Dave , " the teacher answered.
  "What's the name of the castle, sir?" another boy asked.
  "Conway Castle," the teacher said.

On Friday the boys came to school at 9 o'clock and got into the bus. They visited Conway Castle, and then they came back and went home.
  "Well , " Dave's mother said to him when he got home , "did you like the castle,. Dave?"
"Not very much," Dave answered. "The stupid people built it too near the railway. "

Text B

What Are You Going to Do?

Robert and Peter are talking about the end of the school term. Robert is going to leave school and start work, but Peter is going to stay at school.
PETER: Are you going to leave school at the end of the term?
OBERT: Yes, I am.
PETER: What are you going to do?
OBERT: I'm going to be a clerk.
PETER: What does a clerk do?
OBERT: He works in an office. He writes letters and reports , and he types.
PETER: I want to be a vet.
OBERT: A-what?
PETER: A vet-a veterinary surgeon.
OBERT: Good gracious !What's that?
PETER: A vet's a man who takes care of sick animals. He's an animal doctor.
OBERT: I once read a story ahout a person who talked to animals. It was very interesting.

Questions on Text B
7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the story to your partner.

Mrs Neat
  Mrs Neat was tidy and orderly. One day she got on a bus, went up on top and sat down. When the conductor asked her for her fare , she opened her bag, took out her purse, closed her bag, opened her purse, took out a shilling, closed her purse, opened her bag, put in her purse and closed her bag. She paid her fare. The conductor gave her a ticket.
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
显示用户信息 
12  发表于: 2004-05-15   
Lesson 12

Text A

What a Mess!

Bill Lane has just touched some wet paint. MR FIELD:
  You mustn't touch the wet paint, Bill.

BILL:
  I'm sorry. I won't do it again.

MR FIELD:
  Try to be more careful in future.

BILL:
  I shall. I wasn't as careless as John Sampson. He walked across that wet cement

over there.
MR FIELD:
  The workmen oughtn't to leave it without a no tice.

BILL:
  The headmaster asked them not to do so.

MR FIELD:
  Then why isn't there a notice?

BILL:
  They went to their stores to get one. Here they come with it now!

MR FIELD:
  But look at them! They've forgotten about the wet cement and they're walking

across it to put up the notice!

Text B

A Tall and Slim Girl

At five feet six inches , Rosa was taller than every other student in the sixth grade. She worried about this alt the time, in school and at home. Her mother told her to stand up straight and be proud that she was so tall and slim.
  "Someday , " her mother said , "youཇ be happy that you're tall. "
This made Rosa happier, but she was still afraid her classmates were making fun of her behind her back. One day , all this changed when Mr Ransom, the coach from the youth club , asked Rosa to play center on their basketball team. He said that Rosa was a good ball player and her height would make her valuable as center. Now, she really was proud to be tall. She was someone special.

Questions on Text B

7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell tbe story to your partner.

Better Be a Stupid Man
  It was a beautiful spring morning. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the sun was warm but not too hot . so Mr Andrews was surprised when saw an old gentleman at the bus-stop with a big, strong black umbrella i' his hand.
  Mr Andrews said to him, "Are we going to have rain today, do you think?"
  "No , " said the old gentleman , "I don't think so. "
  "Then are you carrying the umbrella to keep the sun off you?"
  "No, the sun is not very hot in spring. "
  Mr Andrews looked at the big umbrella again, and the gentleman said, "I am an old man, and my legs are not very strong, so I really need a walk- ing-stick. But when I carry a walking-stick, people say, `Look at that poor old man' , and I don't like that. When I carry an umbrella in fine weatber, people only say, `Look at that stupid man'. "
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
显示用户信息 
13  发表于: 2004-05-15   
Lesson 13

Text A

Give Me a Big Box of Chocolates

John liked chocolates very much, but his mother never gave him any, because they were bad for his teeth, she thought. But .)ohn had a very nice grandfather. The old man loved his grandaon very much, and sometimes he brought John chocolates when he. came to visit him. Then his mother let him eat them, because she wanted to make the old man happy.
  One evening , a few days before John's seventh birthday , he was saying his prayers in his bedroom before he went to bed. "Please, God," he shouted, "make them give me a big box of chocolates for my birthday on Saturday. "
  His mother was in the kitchen, but she heard the small boy shouting and went into his bedroom quickly.
  "Why are you shouting, John?" she asked her son. "God can hear you when you talk quietly. "
  "I know," answered the clever boy with a smile, "but Grandfather's in the next room, and he can't. "

Text B

You Are Too Young to Buy Alcohol

Later that day, Steve told the group that he had decided to go back to Edinburgh. "I want to see the rest of the Festival, " he explained. That evening, they all went to a pub for a final drink with Steve. They left a . message for Malc : GONE TO THE WHITE HORSE. SEE YOU THERE!
  Malc arrived back quite late. He went round to the pub immediately. He was feeling very pleased with himself.
BILL: How did it go, then?
MALC: Oh, fantastic! I took some really good photographs. I'm sure I shall win that  
    competition.
LIsE: Well , you'd better buy us all a drink , then !
MALC: Yes... What would you all like?
    (Malc goes to the bar)
    I'd like four pints of best bitter... oh, and two lagers and lime.
BARMAN: ... Oh, excuse me, sir. How old are you?
MALC: Sixteen. Why?
BARMAN: Well, I'm afraid you're too young to buy alcohol. You have to be eighteen, you know.

Question on Text B

7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the atory to your partner.

An artist went to a beautiful part of the country for a holiday, and stayed with a farmer. Every day he went out with his paints and his brushes and painted from morning to evening, and then when it got dark, he went back to the farm and had a good dinner before he went to bed.
  At the end of his holiday he wanted to pay the farmer, but the farmer said, "No, I do not want money - but give me one of your pictures. What is money? In a week it will all be finished, but your painting will still be here. "
  The artist was very pleased and thanked the farmer for saying such kind things about his paintings.
  The farmer smiled and answered, "It is not that. I have a son in London. He wanta to become an artist. When he comes here next month, I will show him your picture, and then he will not want to be an artist any more, I think. "
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
显示用户信息 
14  发表于: 2004-05-15   
Lesson 14

Text A

They Don't Talk

Mr Jones was very angry with his wife, and she was very angry with her husband. For several days they did not speak to each other at a11. One evening Mr Jones was very tired when he came back from work, so he went to bed soon after dinner. Of course , he did not say anything to Mrs Jones before he went upstairs. Mrs Jones washed the dinner things and then did some sewing. When she went up to bed much later than her husband, she found a piece of aper on the small table near her bed. On it were the words,"Mother. - Wake me up at 7 a. m. -Father"
  When Mr Jones woke up the next morning, it was nearly 8 a. m. -and on the small table near his bed he saw another piece of paper. He took it and read these words: "Father. - Wake up. It is 7 a.m.-Mother. "

Text B
                        A Dirty Car

John, Peter and Mark are hrothers. Their father has a new car, and they clean it for him. It has just rained, and the car is very dirty. John is looking at it, and he is talking to Peter. JOHN:
  The car hasn't been cleaned for a few days.

PETERL:
  No , it hasn't . It's very dirty.

JoHN:
  Someone ought to clean it today.

PETER:
  Mark should clean it . It's his turn.

JOHN:
  No, he cleaned it last time. It's your turn.

PETER:
  No, it isn't. You always clean it after Mark.

JoHN:
  Oh dear, is it really my turn? In that case, I'll clean tomorrow.

PETER:
  Clean it now. Only lazy people say they'll work tomorrow.

JoHN:
  Then I'll clean it the day after tomorrow.

PETER:
  You are lazy. You ought to be ashamed.?You should enjoy working

Question on Text B

7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the story to your partner.

Ellen walked briskly out into the yard and took a deep breath of cool, fresh air. She was   eager to begin work. This time of year, with the new growth everywhere. always made her feel that she had to help tbings grow. She gathered her tools and went to the patch of freshly turned earth and began.to dig rows of holes. Then she carefully picked up one fragile plant and ptaced it in a hole. Over and over she performed this same task and then gently patted the earth around each plant. Her growling stomach and the sun high,overhead told her when it was time to take a break.
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
显示用户信息 
15  发表于: 2004-05-15   
Lesson 15

Text A

A Welcome Surprise

Let's now visit Mary Miller. Mary and her mother are happy today. The postman has brought a letter from Mrs Miller's brother. He's coming to visit the Millers with his family. Mary and Mrs Miller have to plan meals and festivities. Mary offers to go shopping to help her mother. MRs McLLER:   Mary, please go to the door. I hear the bell.
    MARY:   It's the mailman, Mother. Here's a letter from Uncle George.
MRS MILLER:   Give it to me ... How wonderful! He's coming to visit us.
    MARY:   When's he coming?
MRS MILLER:   He's coming by car on the twenty-fourth. He's staying from the
  twenty-fourth to the twenty-sixth.
    MARY:   Let me look at the calendar. Good! The twenty-fourth is a Saturday. Is he
  coming alone?
MRS MILLER:   No, he's coming with Aunt Cynthia and the girls.
    MARY:   Mother, I don't remember the girls. How old are they?
MRs MILLER:   Your cousin Fay is fifteen. Rosemary is older than Fay. She's seventeen.
MARY:   Are they going to stay here with us?
MRS MILLER:   Of course. The girls can stay in your room with you.
MARY:   Mother, may we have a party?
MRs MILLER:   If you like, but now we have to think about meals and many other things.
MARY:   Prepare the list, Mother. I can go shopping. I can go to the small stores.
  Everyone knows me there.

Text B

I'll Start in Three Months' Time

Rose left school when she was seventeen and went to a college for a year to learn to type. She passed her examinations quite well and then went to look for work. She was still living with her parents.
  A lot of people were looking for typists at that time, so it was not difficult to find interesting work. Rose went to several offices, and then chose one of them. It was near her parents' house. She thought, "I'll walk there every morning. I won't need to go by bus. "
  She went to the office again and said to the manager, "I want to work here, but what will you pay me?"
  "We'll pay you 27 pounds now," the manager answered, "and 30 pounds after three months."
  Rose thought for a few seconds before she answered. Then she said, "All right, then I'll start in three months' time. "

Questions on Text B

What a Language!

First Frenchman: I once heard someone shout, "Look out." I put my head out of a window and a bucketful of water fsll on me. It seems that "look out" may mean "don't look out. "
Second F: I was once on a ship and heard the captain shout, "All hands on deck. " I put my hands on the deck and someone walked on them. .
  Third F: I once called early on an English friend and the maid who came to the door said, "He's not up yet. Come back in half an hour. " When I went again for him, she said, "He's not down yet. " I said , "If he's not up and he's not down, where is he?" She said, "He's still in bed. When I say 'He's not up' I mean he has not yet got np,so he has not yet come downstairs."
  What do these phrases mean in their respective contexts?
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
显示用户信息 
16  发表于: 2004-05-16   
Lesson 16

Text A

The Charcoal Pit
  Erika was worried. Her restaurant was losing customers. The new restaurant across the street now had more customers than she did. She had even seen some of her own customers going to eat at The Charcoal Pit. What was she going to do?
  One thing she could do was revise her menu. Maybe not everyone wanted hamburgers. She might add omelets and casseroles. The menu might help.
  Perhaps the decor of her restaurant was dated. She could redecorate the place. Erika decided to consult an interior decorator who could give her some new ideas. A face-lift for Burger Haven would certainly lift her spirits.
  In fact, she felt better after thinking of some improvements. Erika would fight to make her restaurant the most popular one in town.

Text B
                      There Is Hepe for Us !

Tina and Leela are talking to each other. They are standing outside a dance-hall and they are talking about dancing. TINA:   I haven't danced for a long time.
LEELA:   Neither have I.
TINA:   We must go to a dance soon, or we'll forget how to dance.
LEELA:   Yes, we must. What have you been doing since I last saw you?
TINA:   I've been studying hard for my examinations. And you?
LEELA:   I've been learning Japanese every evening.
TINA:   Why have you been learning Japanese? Why not English?
LEELA:   I hope to visit Japan next yesr.
TINA:   Well, we'll both have to start learning all the new dances.
LEELA:   Yes, let's go into the dance-hall and ask if we can take dancing-lessons .
TINA:   A good idea. They can teach elephants to dance nowa days perhaps there's hope for
  us !

Questions on Text B

When I looked out the window and saw the snow drift in the driveway, I thought to myself that I should never have gotten out of bed. I had been making preparatioris for more than two days for a large dinner party to bc held that night and knew that several of the people I was expecting to come would be calling to cancel if the snow continued much longer. I called upstairs to tell Jerry to look out the window. Jerry heard me and quickly got out of bed. He knew that the weather people had been predicting snow. Now it had really come. To Jerry, two or three inches of fresh snow would be just what was needed to make the ski trip a big success.
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
显示用户信息 
17  发表于: 2004-05-16   
Lesson 17

Text A

The Coustry Schoollhouse
  The country schooihouse was three miles from my uncle's farm. It stood in a clearing in the woods and would hold about twenty-five boys and girls. We attended the school° with more or less regularity once or twice a week in summer. We walked to it in the cool of the morning by the forest paths, and

back in the dusk at the end of the day. All the pupils brought their dinners in baskets-corn dodger, buttermilk, and other good things. We sat in the shade of the trees at noon and ate them. It is the part of my education which I look back upon with the most satisfaction. My first visit to the school was

when I was seven. A strapping girl of fifteen, in the customary sunbonnet and calico dress, asked me if I "used tobacco" -meaning did I chew it. I said no. It roused her scorn. She reported me to all the crowd , and said :
  "Here is a boy seven years old who can't chew tobacco. "

I learned to smoke fairly well , but that did not win over anybody. I remained a poor thing, and characterless. I longed to be respected, but I never was able to rise. Children have but little charity for one another's defect.

Text B

On a Camping Holiday
  Jimmy Booth and Donald Black are on a camping holiday. They have brought only a little food with them. Jimmy is hungry and he is looking at some rice in a tin. There is only a little rice in the tin. JIMMY:   There isn't much rice, is there?
DoNALD:   No, there isn't, but there are some vegetables.
JIMMY:   Are there any potatoes?
DONALD:   No, there aren't. I'm sorry.
JIMMY:   I'm very hungry, Donald. What can I eat?
DONALD:   There's a little bread and there are a few biscuits.
JIMMY:   But I want some rice and some meat.
DONALD:   All right, I'IL walk to the village and I'll get some meat.
JiMMY:   Good. By the way, who's going to cook the meat?
DoNALD:   You'll cook it of course!

Question on Text B

7. Read the foilowing dialogue once. Underline the key words while reading and retell to your partner the dialogue in your own words.
Peter:   Hello, Jim. What was the film like?
Jim:   Awful. It was a complete waste of time.
Peter:   Why? What was it about?
Jim:   It was about a married couple. They had to live with the wife's mother, because they
  didn't have enough money to buy a house of their own.
Peter:   A lot of young people have to do that.
Jim:   Yes. but the husband had to work overtime three times a week, so he was always tired.
Peter:   lt sounds like the story of my life.
jim:   Yes, it does, doesn't it? But this man was always over-tired, and he couldn't sleep.
  So he used to take two sleeping pitla every night.
Peter:   I take sleeping pills sometimes.
Jim:   Yes, but not two every night. Anyway, the strain was too much for him. He had a
  nervous breakdown and had to go to hoapital.
Peter:   It sounds a very depressing film.
Jim:   Not really. His wife was able to find a good job as an interpreter, because she rnuld
  speak French and German fluently. After a few months' work, she had a better job
  than y weher huaband. So in the end, there able to buy a house, and he didts't have
  to work any more. Stupid, wasn't it?
Peter:   I don't know. My wife used to speak French. I must tell her to brush it up.
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
显示用户信息 
18  发表于: 2004-05-16   
Lesson 18

Text A

Christmas Cards
  It mas two weeks before Christmas. and Mrs Smith was very busy. She bought a lot of Christmas cards to send to her friends and to her husband's friends, and put them on the table in the living-room. Then, when her husband came home from work, she said to him, "Here are the Christmas cards for our friends, and here are some stamps, a pen and our book of addresses.

WiII you please write the cards while I am cooking the dinner?"
  Mr Smith did not say anything , but walked out of the Iiving-room and went to his studys. Mrs Smith was very angry with hims , but did not say anything either.
  Then a minute later he came back with a box full of Christmas cards. All of them had addresses and stamps on them.
  "These are from last year," he said, "I forgot to post them. "

Text B

New Year Resolutions

Peter and John are admiring the Christmas decorations on the houses. Peter invites John to see the tree at his house, but , John can't go. He has to buy a present for his mother. Later the boys and Mary talk about New Year resolutions. Peter tells Mary about one she should make. Mary, as you will see, has a good answer for him.

PETER:
  I'm glad we live in a small town.

JOHN:
  Why?

PETER:
  Because the houses look so nice at Christmas time.

JoHN:
  Yes , they do. Do you have a Christmas tree this year?

PETER:
  Yes , we have a big tree this year. I bought the decorations at the five-and-ten-

centstorel?yesterday. Do you want to come and see it?
JoHN :
  I can't now because I have to buy a present for my mother.

PTEER:
  When can you come?

JoHN:
  I don't know when I can come. I'll let you know later.

MARY:
  Hi, boys. Are you going to make any New Year resolutions this year?

PETER:
  No, I never make any.

JOHN:
  I make them, but I break them the next day. Are you making any, Mary?

MARY:
  Yes, but I can't tell you what they are.

PETER:
  You'd better make Qne about losing 20 or 30 pounds.

MARY:
  Meanie! You'd better make one about saying nice things to girls.

Question on Text B

7. Read the following dialogue once. Underline the key words while reading and retell to your partner the dialogue in your own words.

Frank is very busy. He is talking to Jimmy, his best friend.
Jimmy: Did you play football yesterday?
Frank: Yes , I played with Tony and John.
Jimmy: What did you do after you'd played football?
Frank: We all went swimming.
Jimmy: Are you going swimming again this afternoon?
Frank: No , we aren't. We're going to help Mr Smith to plant some flowers.
Jimmy: Are you helping him all afternoon?
Frank: Yes, we are. We can neither play football nor do our homework today.
Jimmy: You're,going to be very busy.
Frank: Yes, we certainly are. But Mr Smith is going to pay us for all the work we'll do.
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
显示用户信息 
19  发表于: 2004-05-16   
Lesson 19

Text A

A Lesson to Learn
  John was the only son of a wealthy American businessman. Usually he was taken to school by the chauffeur in his father's beautiful car, before the chauffeur took John's father to his office. One evening his father told him that he had to go to the airport early the next day, so he would need the car at the time that John had to go to school. He said that John's mother, who possessed another car, would still be in bed at the time he had to leave the house .
  "Well , how will I get to school if you need your car and Mummy is still in bed?" John asked. His father thought this was a good opportunity to teach him a lesson about how hard life was for the less fortunate people of the world , so he answered , "You'll go in the same way as every other child in the world goes-in a taxi. "

Text B

What's Going on Here? PoLIcEMAN:   What's going on here?
MAN:   You mean, what's happening? Well, constable, I'm trying to get out of the window
  and Fred here is helping me.
PoLIcEMAN:   Why are you climbing through the window and not leaving by the front door?
MAN:   Well , you see I can't find the key and I'm in a hurry. Come on, Fied, We're
  wasting time.
POLICEMAN:   Just a minute you two. I don't think you're telling me the truth. This isn't your
  house, is it?
MAN:   No, it's my brother's. I'm staying with him for a while.
PoLIcEMAN:   Is he at home?
MAN:   I'm afraid not. He's in jail for house-breaking at the moment.

Question on Text B

Todd heard all the hammering behind the Marsey's house. He went to see what was going on. Jeff Marsey was making something from long pieces of wood.
  "What is it?" Todd asked.
  "A pair of stilts," Jeff said.
  Todd knew that stilts could make you several feet taller. Jeff was putting blocks of wood on the stilts. These were for his feet to rest on. Once you got used to them, you could walk anywhere on stilts.
  "I'm also making a pair of long pants," Jeff said. "They'll come all the way down and cover the stilts. I'll look like a giant. "
  As the summer went on, Todd forgot all about the stilts.
  One night Todd was watching television. His cousin came running in the front door. He'd never seen her so excited.
  "You'd better call the police , " she said.
  "Why?" asked Todd.
  "I was walking home," she said. "I looked up and saw a -a giant. He was following me. He wore big baggy pants. He was very stiff and straight. Each step was a huge step. I'm going to call the police. "
  "Wait," said Todd. "It wasn't a giant. You'll be surprised when I tell you who it was!"
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
描述
快速回复

按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交