社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : what Do We Need?(不发白不发)
级别: 圣骑士
显示用户信息 
0  发表于: 2003-05-23   

what Do We Need?(不发白不发)

what Do We Need?
 I am only too glad to read the news in The Christian Science Monitor March 12, 2003,which reported  that Co-Abode.com is supplying services to help single moms solve many practical problems. now i am not interested in voicing my opinions on how about the single moms'situation is and how to improve it ,as the report itself has explored the topic.Actually,the news reminds me  of a serious problem in our own country,the social security system.
 Nowadays ,more and more people are complaining that our social security system is far away from sufficient ,especialy for the citizens in un -developed regions and specific groups,who enjoy little social welfare.that is true,and the goverment should take effective measures to improve the system and pay more attentionto the weakgroups.however,I do not think that is enough ,and i am considering if  the citizens ourselves can do somenthing to make things better?As we see in the report , Co-Abode.com is not organized by goverment,it was founded by an ordinary individual. "Two years ago, Ms. Sullivan, a single mother with an 11-year-old son, was looking for a friend and housemate, preferably one with a child who could be a pal to hers.An artist and educator from a family of seven children, she has always been a firm believer in the idea of community support for families. So after advertising in the local newspaper for a single-mother housemate and receiving 18 responses, she wondered: Why not put all these women in touch with one another?". Buoyed by grateful response she founded Co-Abode.
 Not only overcome one's own difficulties ,but also think about others',and then put the plan into practice to benefit all.Ms. Sullivanreally has built a good example for us.Meanwhile,the example gives us confidence that we are  very likely to make some contributions to the society as long as we like.but why we almost have never have a try?"Single moms stagger under the burden of providing for young children without proper financial support from family or social services," she says. "Out of my own need came my sense of mission."
 The sense of mission,which we just lack and need badly.I thingk it is really a precious spirital resource that count for our society.we can solve a lot of problems  by ourselves depending on it.(of course i do not mean it is none of government's business.)what a pity that our chinese have the habit of waiting for solvtions from others or authority.Don't forget,the more sense of mission we have ,the better the society will be ,and the more convinent life we will lead.

[wdb11][wdb13][wdb11][wdb13]
你好
级别: 风云使者
显示用户信息 
13  发表于: 2003-05-28   
回复:what Do We Need?(不发白不发)

埋了好
埋了一个长出两个
一个给翔
一个给武鸭
天下有我,<br>夫复何求?
级别: 圣骑士